Hi Diane Gonsalves! Here are your results based on the sample you returned to Cyclopure. PFOA, PFOS, and GenX are the three main PFAS compounds we measure due to their prevalence in most water supply systems.
- Testing location: Midlothian, TX 76065
- Date of testing: 04/22/2021
- Sample taken from: Unfiltered Water System
- Kit number: Diane Gonsalves(WTK_PFAS_00000339)
- Order Number: 3167
Combined results for all 16 PFAS measured in ppt (parts per trillion). The EPA has established a combined health advisory level of 70 ppt for PFOA and PFOS. Learn more
Color matters! Check out the color at the end of each result bar (or in the result gauge for PFOA, PFOS and GenX) and match it to this key.
- (ND) No Detection
- This zone is less than 10ppt.
- This zone is 10 to 20ppt.
- This zone is 20 to 35ppt.
- This zone is 35 to 70ppt.
- This zone is 70 to 100ppt
- Result is greater than 100ppt
The EPA has not yet established regulations on the following 14 additional PFAS compounds that may appear in your sample results. Learn more
Value(s) of zero (0) indicate No Detection (ND)
Beyond the EPA’s Health Advisory Limit for PFOA and PFOS of 70 ppt, several states have begun to define their own standards for PFAS levels. Check the states with blue dots to learn more about current limits and advisories in place.[devvn_ihotspot id="89"]
Measurements were made using laboratory solid phase extraction practices derived from peer-reviewed published studies for PFAS recovery, with appropriate calibration for CycloPure’s passive sampling procedure and the PFAS compounds tested.1, 2 Analysis was done on a Thermo Fisher Scientific Q-Exactive Orbitrap LC-MS/MS mass spectrometer. Results are within recovery ranges specified by the EPA. Testing methodologies have been validated by third party proficiency tests and benchmarked to EPA Method 537 for collected water samples. CycloPure’s analytical chemists are experts in water testing and measurement with over ten years of experience performing analysis at independent certified labs.
- Li, C.; Klemes, M. J.; Dichtel, W. R.; Helbling, D. E. Tetrafluoroterephthalonitrile-crosslinked β-Cyclodextrin Polymers for Efficient Extraction and Recovery of Organic Micropollutants from Water. Journal of Chromatography A 2018, 1541, 52-56.
- Boone, J. S.; Vigo, C.; Boone, T.; Byrne, C.; Ferrario, J.; Benson, R.; Donohue, J.; Simmons, J. E.; Kolpin, D. W.; Furlong, E. T.; Glassmeyer, S. T. Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances in Source and Treated Drinking Waters of the United States. Science of The Total Environment 2019, 653, 359-369.