Make a difference with us
At Cyclopure, we work with pioneering science and technology to restore pure water for families and communities. Exacting thinkers and problem solvers who have a passion to use science in making the world a healthier place, come join us in Skokie, Illinois.
Cyclopure is a material science and technology company that is developing a new class of selective adsorbents. The company’s technology allows the conversion of renewable cyclodextrins into porous, highly adsorbent materials that are ideally suited for water treatment.
At its Research & Technology Center located in Skokie, IL, Cyclopure is commercializing two lead adsorbent formulations, DEXSORB® and DEXSORB+, for the remediation of a broad range of micropollutants from water resources. Cyclopure’s patented materials can be produced in varying particle sizes, allowing for flexible use in water treatment applications. More information about the company can be found at www.cyclopure.com
Cyclopure is seeking a highly motivated synthetic and/or polymer chemist to participate in efforts to develop new adsorbent formulations, optimize production processes to support scale-up and commercial production, and test them in various form factors for a wide range of application types.
- Collaborate closely with a multi-disciplinary team of chemical scientists and environmental engineers to develop high-affinity formulations
- Identify and develop characterization methods enabling lead materials selection
- Synthesize, purify and characterize monomers and polymers for formulation development
- Perform adsorption experiments at concentrations ranging from ppb to ppt levels of contaminants of interest
- Design appropriate lab-scale testing parameters that represent the final targeted application for various material form factors (powders, packed columns, filter papers, blocks, etc.)
- Transfer synthetic processes and analytical methods to affiliated research organization for evaluation
- Properly document synthetic procedures, experimental designs and results, and present experimental outcomes at meetings
- Draft technical reports, test methods, work instructions and standard operating procedures
- Degree in Chemistry, Polymer Science, or related discipline
- BS degree required. Advanced degree is a plus
- Minimum two years of relevant research experience in an academic or industrial lab
- Knowledge and experience in synthetic organic chemistry and/or polymer/materials chemistry
- Experience with large-scale polymer manufacturing is a plus
- Direct experience in water treatment and/or related separation applications is a plus
- Hands on experience with analytical chemistry techniques, including the characterization of polymeric material is preferred: NMR, GPC, DSC, FTIR, SEM, HPLC, MS, UV/fluorescence
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills
- A proven ability to be detail oriented and organized
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, start-up environment
- Ability to work independently as a member of senior scientific team and contribute to collaborative team projects
See a career that lights you up? Email us:
Cyclopure is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.