Make a difference with us
At Cyclopure, we work with pioneering science and technology to restore pure water for families and communities. Exacting thinkers and problem solvers who have a passion to use science in making the world a healthier place, come join us in Skokie, Illinois.
Cyclopure is a material science and technology company that is developing a new class of selective adsorbents. The company’s technology allows the conversion of renewable cyclodextrins into porous, highly adsorbent materials that are ideally suited for water treatment.
At its Research & Technology Center located in Skokie, IL, Cyclopure is commercializing two lead adsorbent formulations, DEXSORB® and DEXSORB+, for the remediation of a broad range of micropollutants from water resources. Cyclopure’s patented materials can be produced in varying particle sizes, allowing for flexible use in water treatment applications. More information about the company can be found at www.cyclopure.com.
Cyclopure is seeking a highly motivated analytical chemist to participate with (1) providing feedback to the synthetic/polymer team through testing adsorption properties of new polymers, (2) analysis of water samples received from potential customers, and (3) testing the performance of company’s polymers using actual contaminated water samples. This position required knowledge and experience in liquid and gas chromatography, as well as mass spectrometry systems.
- Collaborate closely with a multi-disciplinary team of chemical scientists and environmental engineers to demonstrate adsorption performance of company’s polymer sorbent media
- Perform adsorption experiments at trace concentration and analyze solutions to assess the performance of company’s polymers
- Analyze water samples received from partners and customers
- Operate and maintain GC/MS, HPLC, and LC-MS/MS systems
- Establish and adopt standard analytical protocols for a variety of organic contaminants
- Establish non-target screening methodologies for water test applications
- Properly document analytical procedures, experimental designs and results, and present analytical outcomes at meetings
- Draft technical reports, test methods, work instructions, and standard operating procedures
- Degree in Chemistry, Environmental Science/Engineering, or a related field
- BS degree required. Advanced degree is a plus
- Minimum two years of relevant research experience in an academic or industrial lab
- Hand on experience with GC/MS, HPLC, and LC-MS/MS systems is preferred
- Direct experience in water treatment analysis and/or related separation applications is a plus
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills
- A proven ability to be detail oriented and organized
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, start-up environment
- Ability to work independently as a member of senior scientific team and contribute to collaborative team projects
See a career that lights you up? Email us:
Cyclopure is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.